Tuesday, May 13, 2008

While Working....

Work Day: I will be working from 10:00 - 3:00
Today I decided that I would write my blog while I am actually working. This way everything is still fresh in my mind. So basically this entire day has been filled with TECHNOLOGY!!! This morning I worked with Susy more on the domain registration. It seems like there has been some confusion with which package we should be purchasing. As I said yesterday we bought a package that would allow the website to be put into search engines and all that type of stuff. That package cost $39.99 a month. However, once we made the purchase we had no idea where to go to actually make the site. Then we found that there is an additional charge that we will have to pay in order to make the site. So, we called the company this morning (of course it was someone fromm a foreign country who could barely speak English) and they told us that we should also buy the extra ecommerce package in order to make the site. This would cost us about $19.99 a month. It was perfect. You would think that a website design website would be easy to navigate....on the contrary. It took us forever to find what we were looking for. Once we found it we tried adding it to our cart. However, it would not let as chose nantucketjewels.com to add the package too. This probably sounds really confusing because you weren't there to experiencee...but don't worry...it is even confusing for us. So as of now we have no website because we are having technological complications. Whateva! We'll try again tomorrow.

As another part of the website Susy is going to open up a checking account with Capitol One for the company. They will then give free equipment in order for us to use Credit Cards. This will save us money when the website comes along because then we don't have to pay register.com (website domain company) to run credit for us. YAY!

So, after that I moved onto sewing world so that I could finally finish programming that stinkin embroidering software. And guess what?!?!? IT WORKS NOW!!! At first it wasn't working because I wanted to see what it would be like if we just used normal thread, but that didn't work. It was fraying and looked really bad. But as soon as I used the embroidery thread it worked perfectly (duh). I did three different tests of what the belts would have embroidered on them. One was a fance N J (Nantucket Jewels), but then we realized that it looked like New Jersey. That could work though because Susy is originally from there. Then I tested an SSS (Susy Snow Sullivan) and that looked really nice. They kind of descend in a diagonal way. Then I actually embroidered Susy Snow Sullivan just to see what it looked like. It takes up to much space but it looks really really nice. We also decided that the machine could be of use to the company because we can then sell monogrammed items. We could put giant initials on the Key Fob or allow people to personalize their belts. All of this will be great when the website comes.

So that has basically been my day so far. Susy is off in the other room starting up her jewelry once again. All is well with Nantucket Jewels!

No comments: