Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekly Reflection #2

I can’t believe that two weeks of Senior Project have already gone by. An even crazier idea is that we graduate in only two weeks. I can’t imagine having my last Proctor experience being anything other than Senior Project. This week Susy and I purchased websites, designed products, began a focus group, and planned out my exhibit for the main event during exam week.

The website has brought many complications. The company is being extremely difficult with us and we’re now leaning towards not beginning a website just yet. Yes, this would be unfortunate for my goals, but if we were to continue to work on these problems than we would not be able to do anything else. So the executive decision might have to be to bag everything involving the website. However, all the problems that have happened were not a waste of time because they were all learning experiences.

The focus group is going according to plan. The girls have been wearing their products and have been full of feedback. Unfortunately Lindsay lost her headband and she will have to be pulled from the experiment. Tomorrow afternoon I plan on e-mailing them a survey that they can honesty box me with. They find it a little ridiculous that I am trying to make it extremely confidential, but I think that a proper focus group needs complete confidentiality.

As for this coming week, Susy will continue helping me with my exhibit. We also may be having a meeting with Artisans Workshop. As of now they look like a very possible buyer. We will also continue working with the buyer in the Bahamas this week to make sure that there are no more misunderstandings about her current order.

This week I also reflected on what my Senior Project actually is. I was always battling with the idea of whether or not my project was creative or career oriented. I have come to the conclusion that I have been doing an internship with Nantucket Jewels.

Cheers to a great week!!!

No comments: